punkwalrus (punkwalrus) wrote,
punkwalrus
punkwalrus

** ZZZzzzap! **

One of the most alarming problems I have at work started near the end of fall last year: massive static electricity. I mean, it's so bad here, you literally create blue sparks that jump from your fingertips to metal objects which don't even have to be in direct contact with you. For instance, we get shocked by the metal corner braces in the drywall under the plaster.

It's gotten to the point that I have burned off part of my arm hair in places, and you learn to "discharge" yourself to doorknobs with your keys. This causes a few poorly grounded badge readers to beep uncontrollably.

Well, today, I fried my new watch. This marks the third time I accidentally discharged via my watch, and while before it set the watch to 1:00 am on January 1st, now the LCD display is gone. :(
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

    Error

    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

  • 3 comments