Now I am going to fire COX. Here is my list of grievances.
- Their call center staff and on-site techs are incompetent, and the Level 1 techs always want to check my browser settings, even though that has nothing to do with the modem not getting signal.
- When I do get someone who knows what I am talking about, he's rude or indifferent. I have been put on hold for more than an hour only to get hung up one more than once.
- They always want to send some tech on site, and after half a dozen or so of these visits, my upstairs cable still cuts out and my Internet is still flaky. Each time they damage my house a little more with unnecessary holes, crappy wiring, sloppy work, and they never clean up. I have several of their tools, too, like a few hex wrenches, a coax cutter, and lots of spare cable.
- They once told me my modem was bad, and I spent $90 of my own money to replace the modem... and it wasn't my modem. They don't know shit. It may seem petty, but this incident REALLY pissed me off.
- And almost every visit ends with them saying it's not a problem in my house. Yeah, no duh. And I have found by yelling and escalating over the phone, I can convince them it's on their end, and while they insist it isn't, within hours, the problem "mysteriously" goes away for about a week.
- These outages are now so frequent, that it's affecting our jobs and ability to work at home.
- The fact half my block now has satellite is evidence they are sick of this as well. I don't want satellite for various reasons (I used to test satellite connections with SatMex and G4R, I know how bad it can get), but FIOS is now available for my home.
The honorable takayla will be ordering Verizon FIOS today. I have a massive fear that I am trading one devil for another, but at this point, I am desperate. I know COX does not work, so I hope FIOS is at least slightly better. The reviews for Northern Virginia installs have a lot more good reviews than bad, and to get the same TV/Phone/Internet... it will save about $30/mo for faster Internet, two DVRs, and we'll have the TV in the guest room hooked up again.
I plan to have some pictures of the progress for the curious.
COX... you're fired. You're so fired. Fired, fired, FIRED!!! Get out! You don't even get a copy of our home game, you are a complete LOSER!
That felt cathartic.