There was too much going on in my life, and the final blow was over this weekend when I just couldn't concentrate due to personal issues I won't go into. If I had to list the reasons I failed this year at a paltry 14,500 words:
- The subject material became too close to some bad memories, and would not go anywhere else
- Which was probably fueled by my SAD, which is the worst it's been since 2001 at least
- My office chair is falling apart, and it was causing back pain, leg swelling, and foot pain
- My ankle hurting and having to keep it up meant I was bedridden, and I can't type in bed very well without more back pain
- My ankle problems led to a serious backup of housework, which was made worse by doing a kitchen remodeling, carpet cleaning, and a party
I am really pissed, but I am not sure why. I don't want to explore why, either, because it will drive it into a self-pity loop. Right now, my stress level is pretty bad. Most of it is work-related because of that guy leaving, doubling of work, and my on-call status, and just the whole mess of being behind in everything. But I am also behind everything at home.
All I want to do is sleep, and I am way behind in that as well.