He said that many people are afraid to have gratitude because they think it means they have to give up any struggles they may have. That's not the case: you can be thankful and still want to improve your life.
I have had a hell of a lot of pain in my life. This year, especially, has not been so hot in our family, especially when it comes to health. But thanks to that nugget of wisdom, I feel I can give thanks to many things without caveats and being all bitter.
- I am alive
- I can walk and my arms and hands work pretty well
- I have my eyesight and my brain
- I am employed at a company that is pretty cool
- I am married to a woman I love very much
- I have a son whom I love very much
- I have a house that stays warm
- I have pets that are not sick (whom are awesome pets)
- I am not poor
- I have a huge metric ton of friends
- I have a car I don't keep sinking money into just to keep it running
- I live in America where I truly believe a long-overdue revolution is brewing
- The Internet
What are you thankful for?