The Network Administrator position is responsible for design, installation, documentation, performance and management of hardware and software to support the client's infrastructure. The Network Administrator will be able to diagnose and manage problems on the client's systems.
The relevant technologies are:
-Windows Operating Systems (Server & Client)
-Redhat Linux Operating Systems
-Cisco Switches, Routers & Firewalls
-Lan / Wan technology
-Microsoft Active Directory & Exchange Servers
-Other applications as defined by the client.
The incumbent actively supports and complies with all client corporate policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Design, develop, document, test, create, and or modify computer and network systems (including prototypes) based on/related to user or system requirements.
2. Predicts growth and manages upgrading of operating systems, hubs, routers, switches, telephone switches.
3. Replaces and upgrades network management software.
4. Installs, operates and trains others to operate network management and monitoring tools.
5. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Has authority either directly or through recommendations for employment decisions to include selection, training, performance evaluations, counseling, promotions and terminations.
6. May identify and help contract special services to supplement or extend in-house technical skills. May supervise contractors performing special services.
7. May consult with users and/or use analysis techniques and procedures to determine system specifications.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
B.S. degree in Computer Science or relevant engineering degree or equivalent or two or more years of experience with networking in an NT Server environment with TCP/IP and experience with multiple platforms and operating systems linked together required. Project management, technical contract management and/or supervisory experience required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
-Excellent oral and written communication skills
-Broad knowledge in data processing technology
-Strong interpersonal skills
-Strong analytic abilities
Contact me at punkwalrus at yahoo if you are interested. Time is limited.